Words of Wisdom & Living

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Inspirations & Lessons of Life

1) Nobody is so miserable as he who longs to be something and somebody other than the person he is in body & mind.

2) For every ailment under the Sun, there is a remedy or there is none, if there be one try to find it, if there be none never mind it.

3) I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street I met a man who had no feet.

4) Sticks & stones may break my bones but words cannot hurt me.

5) Two men looked out from prison bars, one saw mud the other saw stars.

6) He that sent me is with me, GOD has not left me alone.

7) Time solves a lot of things time may also solve what you are worrying about today.

8) GOD grants me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

9) Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.

10) The secret of being miserable is to have the leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.

11) We may not be saintly enough to love our enemies but for the sake of our own health & happiness, let’s at least forgive & forget them.

12) If you have what seems to you to be insufficient then you will be miserable even if you possess the world.

13) Remember today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

14) Unjust criticism is often a disguised compliment. It often means that you have aroused jealousy & envy. Remember that no on every kicks a dead dog so do the very best you can; and then put up your old umbrella and keep the rain of criticism from running down the back of your neck.

15) The fruits of labour are sweeter than gifts of fortune.

16) We can make more friends by becoming interested in other people than by trying to get others interested in ourselves

17) The purest joy is the malicious joy we take in the misfortunes of those we have envied.

18) It is notorious that we are more polite to stranger than we are to own relatives.


19) Courtesy is that quality of hear that overlooks the broken gates and calls attention to the flowers in the yard beyond the gate.

20) I shall pass this way but once, any good therefore that I can do or ay kindness I can show to any human being, let me do it now, let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

21) A barber lathers a man before he shaves.

22) The average man can be led readily if you have his respect and if you show that you respect him for some kind of ability.


23) If you must deal with a crook there is only one possible way of getting the better out of him, treat him as if he were an honourable gentleman.

24) The first thing to learn in intercourse with others is non-interference with their own peculiar ways of being happy provided those ways do not assume to interfere with ours.

25) If we want to make friends, let’s put ourselves out to do things for other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home